Employer: Ogas Solutions
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Reference Code: 1508-4397-OM-N
Start Date: ASAP
Purpose of Job:
Managing all security-related issues as part of COMPANY rollout and operations and maintenance phases. Focus will be on ensuring real time updates on security situation at state/region level, managing external relationships with key stakeholders, including the state/regional governments, related ministries, ethnic groups and managing security related issues during O&M, including efficient means deployments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Management of the Security Management Plan (Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights compliant), including management of all priority security risks such as landmines, fuel theft, harm to company personnel and property, human rights risks, crisis management and incident response
2. Align COMPANY's Security Management Plan implementation with all key commercial partners across the company's supply chain.
3. Train staff on security related responsibilities as per the Security Management Plan
4. Provide daily written and verbal security updates to COMPANY's Senior Management, Operations Director, O&M Director, and Regional Managers responsible for construction, including daily communications with key Myanmar stakeholders.
5. Support Regional Managers as needed with meetings with external stakeholders, including government and ethnic groups on security related matters to ensure safety of COMPANY and contractor staff, including journey management.
6. Maintain Intelligence and Threat Review for dissemination with all relevant COMPANY's Staff.
7. Oversee security-related community engagement in cooperation with COMPANY's project partners.
8. Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives.
9. Manage COMPANY's security-related emergency preparedness and response plan and crisis management related to security matters. (to be defined in Security Management Plan)
10. Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
11. Propose additional threat mitigation measures to close gaps on as needed basis and reduce threats to as low a level as reasonably possible
12. Review financial reports to ensure efficiency and quality of security operations.
13. Develop and manage budgets for security operations.
14. Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations.
15. Assist in emergency management and contingency planning.
16. Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
17. Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches and incidents.
18. Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
19. Analyze and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement.
20. Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
21. Conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of the facilities security processes.
22. Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
23. Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
24. Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
25. Supervise subordinate security professionals, performing activities such as hiring, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
26. Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
Required Qualifications & Background:
Education / Qualification:
Five year corporate security management on greenfield infrastructure projects
Operational experience with the Voluntary Principles
Military service, particularly in intelligence and civil-military relations
Job Knowledge / Specific Skills:
Written and verbal security briefs for corporate audience
Operational experience with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
Good Communication skills in English (both speaking and writing).
How To Apply:
Apply Online HERE