Employer: OSCE Centre in Bishkek
Closing date: Tuesday, 18 August 2015
Under the general supervision of the CiB Security Officer and direct supervision of the National Security Officer (NSO) Osh Field Office the incumbent safeguards staff, visitors and property of the Mission and supervises the work of the security guards.
Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals Diversity:
Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions Integrity:
Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization's core values and organizational principles Accountability:
Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization Collaboration:
Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment Planning:
Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner Analysis and decision-making:
Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions Initiative-taking:
Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Acts as Security Guard entry points in day shift by :
screening all persons, permitting access to the office premises to holders of valid IDs, commercial representatives, mission staff and visitors;
requests identification and authorisation for entry from unknown persons and, if necessary, preventing entry after referral to a higher level authority;
2. Supervises the work of the security guards and is responsible for preparation of their duty roster;
3. Services as the main person, responsible for the security of Bishkek (OFO, Batken) OSCE premises, operation, service and maintenance of all security equipment, including fire extinguishers and fire alarm system, fences and gates, communication equipment, CCTV system, back up generator, access cards system, first aid kit etc.;
4. Assists NSO in exercising movement control and overseeing the daily status report of the Mission's staff in Bishkek, Osh and Batken offices;
5. Participates in selection and is responsible for appropriate training of the security guards;
6. Assists the National Security Officer in conducting security related exercises (fire drills, evacuation, communication, first aid etc.)
7. Develops good contacts with the local Police station, Fire Department, Traffic Police, Emergency situations Department and Ambulance;
8. Deals with the main security issues when temporary replacing the NSO in his/her absence;
9. Performs other tasks and duties as required.
Secondary school or higher education;
Minimum 5 years of work experience in security, police or military background would be an asset. Good physical condition. Knowledge of security rules and regulations and ability to use emergency equipment;
Working knowledge of English in addition to local language;
Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 493 Euro/month. Social benefits will include Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Online applications submission deadline is on 18 August 2015, 18:00.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse .