We have a great opportunity for an experienced and internationally minded manager with extensive security/safety experience to lead our Security team in Maersk Line Ship Management – Marine Standards.
As Global Security Manager at Maersk Line you will be part of the Marine Standards team, which is an established function in Maersk Line and part of Maersk Line Ship Management. Marine Standards is responsible for management of; the company’s HSSEQ policy and strategically develop the same based on legislation, industry drivers and operational needs across the fleet of 273 container vessels and for the Security and Safety strategy for the global shore organization. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Marine Standards and be part of the leadership team in Marine Standards.
The scope of the security team in Maersk Line includes; vessel security for our fleet of 273 container ships in accordance with the ISPS code, coordinate shore side security for 374 offices and employees across 116 countries, facilitate supply chain security for our logistic operation and follow up on security incidents globally. In addition the team also coordinates the safety program for our shore organization all in close collaboration with a number of local focal points.
As the Global Security Manager you will be able to influence the direction and focus Maersk Line has on security and shore safety and
balancing this with commercial/business interests.
You should expect up to 40 travel days annually, operational matters may require your attendance beyond normal office hours and you will be expected to take part in a duty phone watch rotation.
• Leading team of two security professionals explicitly the ‘Company Security Officer’ (CSO) responsible for security of our vessels and our Shore Safety and Security Manager.
• Continuously develop an efficient an effective security management system and administration through coaching of the team and internal Maersk Line stakeholders.
• Take part in the daily operation and administrative tasks especially pertaining to the requirements related to the vessels security programs as well as further development and communication of the shore security management framework etc.
• Ensure local operations apply appropriate security and safety measures through proactive communication, coaching and support to local focal points.
• Ensure effective and efficient vessel security management based on compliance with the ISPS code as well as supply chain management based on compliance with C-TPAT and EU AEO.
• Participate and prepare for crisis response for major security incidents.
• Actively participate in communication on security related matters with relevant internal and external stakeholders including security managers of other Maersk business units, Maersk Group Security, professional security networks and companies etc.
• Promote a business enabling approach to security management through active engagement with key stakeholders e.g. Ship Management, Chartering, Commercial etc.
• Be an ambassador for our company values as well as our cultural amplifiers of focus, simplicity and teamwork.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate has extensive experience from security function in private/commercial sector, International Organizations (IO’s), Government or equivalent combined with law enforcement, navy or a military background. You are also an experienced leader.
It will be advantageous if you have experience with ship security including good understanding of the ISPS code. Furthermore you likely have experience with C-TPAT and EU AEO and a profound understanding of how public administration deals with security and compliance.
Strong commercial acumen is imperative in order to interpret how the security function will effect/contribute to the business objective and ability to balance commercial and security requirements.
You will need to understand the security risks of the Maersk Line organization across the different facilities (vessels) and locations and be driving force behind fostering effective, cost efficient risk mitigating strategies and communicate these to internal stakeholders.
You must be a confident communicator at all levels of the organization, in both written and spoken English including being able to create policies, procedures and reports for wide distribution. Furthermore, you have an eye for details and a desire to follow up on issues to ensure proper closure.
On a personal level, the most important attributes for this position are; empathy, having strong interpersonal skills, being a team player, good at coaching and motivating as well as a pro-active can-do attitude enabling processes.
How To Apply