Employer: Multilateral and Legal Affairs Group
Location: New Zealand
The International Security and Disarmament Division is responsible for leading and managing engagement across a broad front of issues in order to protect New Zealand's security interests.
The Unit Manager will provide critical people, managerial and policy leadership to the Division. This includes:
- Managing a high performing policy team of several analysts;
- Providing leadership across the Division, and the Multilateral and Legal Group;
- Ensuring New Zealand's international security policies reflect both foreign policy and national security interests;
- Building linkages across the national security and intelligence sector;
- Working closely with bilateral and regional teams and our offshore network of posts to add value to priority relationships.
- Leadership and staff management capabilities, including developing and coaching new staff as well as those seeking opportunities to demonstrate capability at a more senior level
- The ability to proactively establish and build effective relationships across a wide range of stakeholder groups and interests
- A genuine interest in, and knowledge of security, defence or intelligence policy
- Experience of working in multilateral or regional organisations at a senior level
- Knowledge of current challenges in the New Zealand national security sector
- The ability to align policy direction to strategy.
This role is currently fixed term but is our intention to convert it to open term in the near future. We will update candidates on
this as we move through the selection process.
Application detailsTo apply for this position please complete an application form and submit your CV and covering letter by 5pm, Wednesday 15 July 2015.
To request a position description, or if you have any questions about the role, please email HRGRecruitment@mfat.govt.nz.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate
You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.