Company: Management Systems International – Posted by Admin – Tripoli, Tarabulus, Libya
Security Officer, Ministry of Labor Training of Underserved Program, Libya
MSI-Libya will design and implement a program that provides domestic English language and employability skills training for 2,000 participants and an initial international training course targeting up to 300 participants, as well as 50 international scholarships for a short study course. In addition, MSI-Libya will help the Government of Libya plan for expanding international training opportunities, building domestic capacity to train Libyans in employability skills and improve ministerial oversight to manage large-scale training programs.
The Security Officer, in close coordination with MSI Libya Director, manages the security and security-related needs for all program operations of MSI Libya.
• Manage, supervise, and coordinate all aspects of security for in-country operations.
• Receive, analyze, and disseminate threat and vulnerability information and reports to program and site managers operating throughout Libya.
• Identify threats and vulnerabilities and provide recommended actions that should be taken to mitigate them.
• Develop and maintain program security standards, policies, plans, and directives.
• Ensure compliance with all related military and/or government directed security policies and directives.
• Overseeing operations and movements of all project vehicles and staff, supervising dispatcher, drivers and or other staff responsible.
• Manage all aspects of operational, information, and physical security.
• Supervise security/vulnerability assessments and inspections; inspect and assess fixed site guard forces, personal security detachments, and convoy security detachments.
• In coordination with HR and Administrative Directors recruit and select office and housing guards or select security subcontractor providing guard services and supervise and monitor work of subcontractor
• Coordinate background checks and vetting of personnel and sub-contractors.
• Liaise with Libyan security officials and offices to build relationships and draw upon additional support where appropriate.
• Provide Director and MSI HO with bi-weekly security assessment and project operations reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline.
• Former Public Safety/Police, Military or International Security Operations experience no less than a combined total of 10 years.
• Must possess at least three years experience in managing/supervising security guard operations overseas and in a hostile environment.
• Able to accurately and concisely write reports of serious incidents and communicate in writing other documents such as Site Security Analyses and Risk Assessments.
• Able to develop, amend and describe to others Standard Operating Procedures for appropriate for the threat level and force protection level.
• Able to communicate verbally with others in a concise and understandable way.
• Demonstrates a strong ability to read and understand intelligence reports.
• Demonstrates the skills to instill confidence and commitment during stressful situations.
• Demonstrates the skills, training and experience necessary to serve as the Security Subject Matter Expert.
• Demonstrates the communication skills necessary to brief an audience on issues related to security.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.