Employer: Chemonics International
Chemonics seeks a Washington-based security manager for our Middle East and Egypt, North Africa, and Yemen Security Management Unit. The unit supports overseas security staff and security platform and ensures the safety and security of project staff and new business travelers, mitigates corporate liability and risk to personnel and assets, and facilitates the success of projects and new business initiatives in the region. We seek a well-rounded project management expert who understands the complexities of security management in corporate and overseas settings; is energetic, organized, and passionate about the work we do; and who demonstrates solid judgment, leadership, and the ability to think quickly in a fast-paced environment. This position requires overseas work for 4 to 12 weeks per year and may involve long-term overseas assignments. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Manage subcontracts from identification of need through request for proposals, selection, and completion of services
• Clearly communicate status of subcontracts and related complexities, develop and implement solutions related to security subcontracts, and work with senior management to resolve critical issues
• Assist regional project management units with staff fielding processes, telephone tracking and coordination, and gathering and archiving security assessments and reports from the field team
• Analyze political and security trends throughout the region and provide realistic and actionable advice and deliverables to Chemonics projects
• Develop networks of security professionals and other individuals and organizations in Washington, D.C., and throughout the region
• Seek opportunities to develop safety and security skills and knowledge through training, forums, networking, and hands-on experience
• Clearly articulate Chemonics’ corporate safety and security policy and history to help regional staff understand their roles and responsibilities, levels of authority, and best practices
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
• Experience living or working in the Middle East or North Africa
• Minimum three years of administrative or technically relevant work experience preferred
• Knowledge of USAID and its operations preferred
• Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and to lead presentations and effective meetings
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
• Arabic language proficiency desired
Apply through our Career Center at HERE by Friday, October 19, 2013. No application materials will be considered after this date. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.